How to get rid of acne has been a major concern of many, particularly those prone to it. Acne is a skin infection that affects mostly those in their adolescent stage. It affects the pilosebaceous unit of the skin, which consists of the sebaceous gland, hair follicle, the hair, and a muscle known as the erector pili. However, for acne to occur three things must exist:
- Excessive production of sebum.
- An increase in skin cells production that lines the hair follicle (they do not loosen the way other cells and as a result clog the follicle resulting to acne).
- Propionibacterium acne proliferation.
With the facts on the table about what causes acne, it is also important that we understand ways of eliminating it. The method range from simple natural methods, to lifestyle changes to medical solutions.
How to get rid of acne fast – Natural remedies
Lemon helps dry up your acne faster. However, for it to work efficiently, consider using a fresh lemon juice from the lemon fruit and not the bottled juice with preservatives. Here are different ways of plying it.
You can use a clean cotton swab whereby you dip it in the juice and rub it on the affected region or make its paste by mixing a teaspoon of cinnamon powder with a tablespoon of the juice and then apply it on acne-infected areas. Leave it overnight and then clean it off in the morning using lukewarm water.
Ice helps eliminate acne in several ways. It improves the circulation of blood to the areas affected and freezes the pores of the skin, thus removing the accumulated oil and dirt on the skin. You only need to wrap some crushed ice or ice cubes in a clean piece of cloth and then hold it against the affected regions for some seconds. Repeat the process again after some minutes.
Honey is rich in natural antibiotics, which can help you heal faster and prevent infection. You can apply it directly using a clean cotton swab dipped in honey or make a paste by mixing it with cinnamon and then applying it over the acne infected areas and leave it overnight. In the morning, clean it off well using cold water.
Garlic is an antioxidant, antiviral, antiseptic, and antifungal agent, which can help you eliminate the acne. In addition, the sulfur in garlic promotes faster healing of your acne. You can apply it directly to the regions affected or even eat it raw for blood purification. However, you should not eat too much of it as it can upset your stomach.
Baking Soda is another excellent option for learning how to get rid of acne naturally. Everyone can use it including those with sensitive skin, as it does not cause any form of skin irritation. For its efficiency, you need to make its paste by mixing it with some lemon juice or water. Clean your face well, leave it slightly damp, and apply the baking soda paste on the affected regions. Leave it for some minutes to dry, wash it off using warm water, and then apply a moisturizer.
Peppermint helps get rid of acne fast as well. It has menthol that offers a calming and soothing effect, which helps reduce the redness or irritation caused by acne. In addition, it has antiviral and antibacterial properties that help kill the bacteria responsible for acne.
Steam opens your skin pores thus allowing it (skin) to breathe. This helps remove bacteria, dirt, and oil clogged in your pores and that causes inflammation and infection.
How to get rid of acne – The Lifestyle changes
Understanding how to get rid of acne may not be enough. You should also make certain lifestyle changes if you want to eliminate them and the effect to last longer. Some of these changes include:
- Healthy living – this includes getting enough exercise, sleep, lowering your stress levels, and drinking plenty of water. Your skin and body are interconnected. Therefore, when you take good care of your health in general, it directly affects your skin.
- Avoid bad habits – this includes things like sun tanning, consuming caffeinated beverages, beverages with plenty of sugar, or smoking. They can cause accumulation of dangerous substances in your pores, which might result in blockages.
- Always keep your face clean – you should at least clean your face twice a day with plain soap and water. Nevertheless, it is advisable that you use soap with benzoyl peroxide if your skin is oily. Do not use sponges or course brushes while cleaning your face. Be cautious about using hot water as it can strip moisture of your skin.
- Do not touch your face – it is a very simple method but difficult to uphold. Your hands may contain germs, which might react with your skin badly, particularly those with sensitive skin, and cause acne. In addition, always ensure that your pillowcase, clothing, and hair also do not touch your face. On the other hand, always keep them clean (your clothing and pillowcase) and your hair well washed and trimmed.
How to get rid of acne – Other remedies
- Consult a doctor – consulting a dermatologist is another good way of finding out how to get rid of acne. The individual will observe you (the acne and your skin sensitivity) and prescribe more conducive and powerful remedies where necessary.
- Use the right acne products – target long-lasting solution rather than overnight results. The problem with remedies that offer you instant results that do not last is that they worsen your acne condition.
- Laser treatment – it helps eliminate acne by getting rid of any follicle blocking or substances blocking your skin pores using small portions of high-energy laser-focused on the areas affected.
How to get rid of acne can be a difficult and complicated subject requiring extensive research and testing before coming up with the best remedy. Nevertheless, you can never go wrong with the above how to get rid of acne remedies.